Friday 2 May 2014

Time To Stop Slacking With A May TBR


Lately I’ve become really slack with my reading, spending most of the time that I set aside to chew through my unread books reading fanfic and unpublished books on Wattpad. As much as I love this, it isn’t helping me complete my Debut Author Challenge or to get 60 books read this year. So this is me making myself accountable for my reading. At the start of each month I’m going to be making a post like this with what books I plan to read during the month and my one TBR Jar pick, I’m going to try my best to read these but my base goal is to read at least 2 of the following plus some arcs through out the month.


Summer on the Short Bus - Bethany Crandell
Spoiled, Versace-clad Cricket Montgomery has seventeen years of pampering under her belt. So when her father decides to ship her off to a summer camp for disabled teens to help her learn some accountability, Cricket resigns herself to three weeks of handicapped hell.
Her sentence takes a bearable turn as she discovers the humor and likeability of the campers and grows close to fellow counselors. Now, if she can just convince a certain Zac Efron look-alike with amazing blue eyes that she finally realizes there's life after Gucci, this summer could turn out to be the best she's ever had.

Side Effects May Vary - Julie Murphy
What if you’d been living your life as if you were dying—only to find out that you had your whole future ahead of you?
When sixteen-year-old Alice is diagnosed with leukemia, her prognosis is grim. To maximize the time she does have, she vows to spend her final months righting wrongs—however she sees fit. She convinces her friend Harvey, whom she knows has always had feelings for her, to help her with a crazy bucket list that’s as much about revenge (humiliating her ex-boyfriend and getting back at her arch nemesis) as it is about hope (doing something unexpectedly kind for a stranger and reliving some childhood memories). But just when Alice’s scores are settled, she goes into remission.
Now Alice is forced to face the consequences of all that she’s said and done, as well as her true feelings for Harvey. But has she done irreparable damage to the people around her, and to the one person who matters most?

Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins
Goodreads - Book Depository
Lola Nolan is a budding costume designer, and for her, the more outrageous, sparkly, and fun the outfit, the better. And everything is pretty perfect in her life (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the negihborhood. When Cricket, a gifted inventor, steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door. 



Heist Society - Ally Carter
When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her on a trip to the Louvre…to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria…to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own—scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving “the life” for a normal life proves harder than she’d expected.
Soon, Kat's friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring Kat back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has a good reason: a powerful mobster has been robbed of his priceless art collection and wants to retrieve it. Only a master thief could have pulled this job, and Kat's father isn't just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat’s dad needs her help.
For Kat, there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it's a spectacularly impossible job? She's got two weeks, a teenage crew, and hopefully just enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in her family's history--and, with any luck, steal her life back along the way.

What are you reading this month?

4 comments:

  1. I love the jar pick idea, one of the best I've heard. I want yo try it too, so I can mix my review copies with my own to read books. Summer on the Short Bus sounds hilarious, even the title has me giggling. I love when characters are taken out of their elements and thrown into really foreign situations. Thanks so much for sharing, going to grab a copy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover of Summer on the Short bus is the most amazing thing ever! It’s so soft! I was drooling over it with the author on twitter the other day! I also love books that make characters adapt and grow!
      I was doing that as well, all my reviews were just slowly becoming ARC’s but I kept buying books and just gazing at them lovingly!

      Delete
  2. This is a really great way of sorting out what books you want to read! I love making lists, so I made up a 10 books I want to read in April list, which worked pretty well- I enjoyed it enough that I did one for May, too.
    I can't recommend Heist Society enough- I haven't read the other two books here, but I listened to that on audio (the sequel is on my May to read list!) and it's just wonderful. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making lists to but I never seem to be able to stick to them! Good on you for able to stick to a list I’ve already gone off mine (opps!) I believe I read Heist Society when it first came out but I’m murky on the plot so I’ve taken pulling it out of my TBR Jar as a sign to get back into it and finish the series! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye